Buying or Selling Businesses
Whether you’re buying or selling a business for the first time or the first time in a long time, we know the process is time-consuming and can be overwhelming. Let us work with you to make the complex simple, so that you can focus more on what matters most: your family, your team and adding value to your business. Let us help you get your deal from dream to done.
- Structuring transactions as an asset purchase, stock purchase or merger
- Letters of intent
- Term sheets
- Due diligence review
- Asset purchase agreements
- Stock or equity purchase agreements
- Partnership buy-in agreements
- Partnership buy-out agreements
- Seller financing agreements
- Rollover equity agreements
- Purchaser entity structuring
- Stark and anti-kickback compliance in transactions in the healthcare industry
- Contribution and indemnity agreements among selling owners
- Non-compete and restrictive covenant structuring and analysis
- A range of related services and practice areas
Other Practice Areas
Buying or Selling Businesses
Space Pirate Law
Yeah, we don’t actually do that (yet). But click here to learn more about fun and our other core values.
- Represented first-time buyer in purchase of manufacturing business; successfully closed by year-end within approx. four weeks.
- Represented first-time seller of family business in mid-market sale to large corporate buyer; successfully managed owner relationship dynamics; transaction closed on time and on budget within approx. one month after receiving first draft of purchase agreement.
- Represented dentist in purchase of practice.
- Represented large minority ownership group in substantial mid-market transaction involving stock sale of medical research business to private equity firm.
- Represented serial entrepreneur in successful purchase of multiple businesses.
- Represented dentist in negotiating favorable terms in complex sale to DSO.
- Represented seller in sale to large corporate buyer; successfully managed complicated related party relationships; transaction closed on time and on budget within approx. two weeks after engagement.
Educational approach to understanding key concepts and making the complex simple throughout the process.
Your Priorities Matter
Your deal is not one-size-fits-all. We take the time to understand what success on the deal means to you so that we can help you take your deal from dream to done.
You Handle the Big Stuff
Thoughtfully designed process to provide you a clear understanding of your action items. We design the process to provide you with space to focus on what matters most so you have more time for focusing on your family, your team, self-care, and “sleeping on it” for those big decisions.
We’ll Handle the Chaos and Complexity
- Organized management of deal team and deal process if needed.
- Highly relational approach to successfully navigating complex relationships.
- Attention to the little details necessary to get through closing.
- Experienced team able to scale up and down to meet the needs of large and small transactions.
On Time, On Budget
- Transparent and detailed scope of work and budget.
- Effective use of communication, project management, document automation, and other tools to stay on time and on budget.
We love to celebrate the hard work worth doing by hosting celebratory closing dinners and partnering with a charity to plant at least 100 trees for each deal we close (someone’s got to replace all that paper).