Buying or Selling Businesses
- Structuring transactions as an asset purchase, stock purchase or merger
- Letters of intent
- Term sheets
- Due diligence review
- Asset purchase agreements
- Stock or equity purchase agreements
- Partnership buy-in agreements
- Partnership buy-out agreements
- Seller financing agreements
- Rollover equity agreements
- Purchaser entity structuring
- Stark and anti-kickback compliance in transactions in the healthcare industry
- Contribution and indemnity agreements among selling owners
- Non-compete and restrictive covenant structuring and analysis
- A range of related services and practice areas
Your deal is not one-size-fits-all. We take the time to understand what success on the deal means to you, and use your scorecard to guide the process.
On Time, On Budget
It starts with a transparent and detailed scope of work and budget. We use project management software, document automation, and great communication to stay on time and on budget.
We want you to feel confident throughout your deal, knowing how your deal lines up with your priorities. We support confident, executive-level decision making by using a variety of tools and an educational approach to making the complex simple. Wherever possible, we schedule the deal process to provide margin so you can “sleep on it” for those big decisions, and take regular time for family, your team, and yourself.
We love to celebrate the hard work worth doing by hosting celebratory closing dinners and partnering with a charity to plant trees for each deal (someone’s got to replace all that paper).
- Represented first-time buyer in purchase of manufacturing business; successfully closed by year-end within approx. four weeks.
- Represented first-time seller of family business in mid-market sale to large corporate buyer; successfully managed owner relationship dynamics; transaction closed on time and on budget within approx. one month after receiving first draft of purchase agreement.
- Represented dentist in purchase of practice.
- Represented large minority ownership group in substantial mid-market transaction involving stock sale of medical research business to private equity firm.
- Represented serial entrepreneur in successful purchase of multiple businesses.
- Represented dentist in negotiating favorable terms in complex sale to DSO.
- Represented seller in sale to large corporate buyer; successfully managed complicated related party relationships; transaction closed on time and on budget within approx. two weeks after engagement.