Sam works with business owners, entrepreneurs, scaleable businesses and technology companies, through a variety of transactions ranging from simple to complex.
The majority of Sam’s practice is focused on helping business owners through the complexities of buying or selling businesses, or scaling up early stage or maturing businesses. Sam works with clients in a variety of industries where creativity and practicality are an asset – ranging from technology and professional services, to manufacturing and medical.
Sam focuses on building personal relationships with his clients and developing a deep understanding of their priorities in order to deliver excellent client service. He brings a practical, business-minded approach to solving problems, and scaling the solution to obstacles and opportunities around the corner and around the globe.
He also serves his clients in a full lifecycle of legal needs from forming a business, protecting key intellectual property and structuring ownership relationships, to family succession planning, acquisition, sale and everything in between.
Sam, his wife Meg, and their sons are active in the Wichita community, frequently enjoying the numerous parks and activities that Wichita has to offer, as well as the great local restaurants and craft breweries, and Life.Church. Sam loves nerding out about anything involving technology, entrepreneurship or community development.
- Kansas Bar Association, Religious Law Section (2021-present)
- e2e Accelerator (now known as NXTUS), board member (2016-2019)
- W/ (formerly Young Professionals of Wichita), Chair (2016), member of board of trustees (2014-2017)
- Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (2016)
- Kansas Bar Association
- Wichita Bar Association
- /W Thomas Stanley Legacy Award (2021)
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers-Rising Stars list (2018, 2021)
- “40 under 40”, Wichita Business Journal (2015)
- Young Professionals of Wichita, Community Service Award (2013)
- J.L. Weigand Jr. Scholarship, (2008-2011)
- Washburn University School of Law, 2011 (cum laude)
- Washburn University, BBA, Accounting, (summa cum laude) 2008