Samuel R. Foreman
Sam Foreman works with entrepreneurs, startups, scaleable businesses and technology companies, to build thriving companies and communities.
Sam focuses on building personal relationships with his clients and developing a deep understanding of their priorities in order to deliver excellent client service. He serves his clients in a full lifecycle of legal needs from forming a business, protecting key intellectual property, structuring ownership relationships, structuring investment raises, to acquisition or sale transactions and everything in between. He brings a practical, business-minded approach to solving problems, and scaling the solution to obstacles and opportunities around the corner and around the globe.
Sam, his wife Meg, and their son are active in the Wichita community, frequently enjoying the numerous parks and activities that Wichita has to offer, as well as the great local restaurants and craft breweries, and Life.Church. Sam loves nerding out about anything involving technology, entrepreneurship or community development.
- e2e Accelerator, board member
- Young Professionals of Wichita, Chair (2016), member of board of trustees (2014-2017)
- Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (2016)
- Kansas Bar Association
- Wichita Bar Association
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers-Rising Stars list (2018)
- “40 under 40”, Wichita Business Journal (2015)
- Young Professionals of Wichita, Community Service Award (2013)
- J.L. Weigand Jr. Scholarship, (2008-2011)
- Washburn University School of Law, 2011 (cum laude)
- Washburn University, BBA, Accounting, (summa cum laude) 2008
David L. Ferguson
David Ferguson is a startup company and nonprofit lawyer who represents individuals and for-profit and non-profit companies across the country. His startup practice focuses on the formation and financing of high-growth companies, assisting founders from ideation to financings and liquidity events. His nonprofit practice focuses on helping organizations achieve and preserve tax-exempt status and navigate the sometimes complex statutory and regulatory infrastructure that governs the formation and operation of nonprofits.
David and his wife Amanda chose to come home to Wichita from Chicago/Madison because they felt like there were some very cool opportunities to play meaningful roles in the dynamic changes affecting the city and the region. So far so good. When not hanging out at Foreman Law, David spends as much time as possible (1) with his wife and three daughters, and (2) watching Wichita State basketball, Wichita Force Football (Wichita’s CIF team), and Wichita’s to-be-named AAA baseball team. Any time (1) and (2) can be combined he’s in good shape.
Prior to joining Foreman Law, David spent three years as a tax and corporate associate with a large Kansas based law firm and one year as a federal law clerk in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Mid-Kansas Jewish Federation, Board Member
- Camp Destination Innovation, Board Member
- Wichita Committee on Foreign Relations, Executive Committee Member
- Wichita State University, LaunchPrep, Mentor
- Law Clerk, Hon. Robert D. Martin, United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2015-2016
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Jeffrey Cole, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, (Master of Laws (L.L.M.), Taxation, 3L Joint JD/LLM Tax Program, 2015)
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law (J.D. cum laude, 2015)
- Wichita State University (M.A., History, 2012)
- Kansas State University (B.A., History, 2008)